𝟎𝟎𝟔 Responsibilites

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Ⅵ 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔

DICK TOOK RACHEL IN HIS ARMS AND RACED HER BACK TO RV. As Dick gently laid Rachel on the floor, Terran quickly grabbed a pillow and placed it under her head making sure her head didn't roll too far. Terran grasped Rachel's hand tightly, brushing back the white whisps of hair that fell in front of her eyes. "Is she gonna be okay?" Terran asked in a panic.

"Her heartbeat's steady," Conner confirmed.

Cole knelt down beside Rachel and gently placed his hand behind her head. "She's freezing," Cole muttered. He let his eyes grow red and reached out for Rachel. "Rachel, can you hear me?"

Rachel's eyes fluttered for a moment before she gasped and shot up. Terran and Cole reached for her, steadying her as her breathing picked up. "What happened?" Rachel asked, her eyes darting around. 

"We were attacked. You got hit pretty bad," Dick explained quickly as Rachel started to calm down. "Are you okay?"

"No," Rachel muttered. Her hand tightened around Terran's and she started to panic again. "I can't feel you." 

Dick parked the RV deep in the woods on an abandoned road. Everyone stood around the table as Rachel sat with a bowl of cereal, Terran keeping a close eye on her. Cole glanced up at Hazel who watched the pair cautiously. "Are you sure you're okay?" Dick asked again.

"Yeah, I just- I feel empty," Rachel nodded, her voice soft. "Like there's something, you know missing. But it- it's so big that I can't feel it all at once."

"I want you to rest. Okay?" Dick ordered, keeping his voice soft. "We don't know what happened to you, and until we do-"

"It's my soul-self," Rachel cut in. "It's just gone."

"How can your soul be gone?" Gar asked, looking up at Rachel.

"It's not a soul per se," Terran corrected.

"It's the part that ties power to a body," Hazel went on. "Gods call it rkkrtie."

"Who the hell was that?" Conner spoke up, his voice loud as he stared at his hands. "She just took us all out. It's like, we didn't stand a chance."

"Look, we're all here, okay?" Dick said sternly. "We're all alive. That's all that matters. Whatever Hazel did drove her off."

"I hit her," Hazel explained, dropping her hands to her sides. "Pretty sure I burnt her face."

"You used a lot of power," Gar's voice trembled as he spoke up, catching Hazel's attention.

"Not really," Cole and Terran said at once.