𝟎𝟎𝟏 Dandelion

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞Ⅰ 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒐𝒏

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞
Ⅰ 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒐𝒏

Dayton Labs, San Francisco

HAZEL RESTED AGAINST THE SIDE OF THE RAILING IN THE EMPTY LAB. The suit Bruce had made for her nearly two years ago was still the one she used. Leather coverings crossed over her torso and up to her shoulders and down her back. The same material was used to make gloves. Her pants and under shit made of simple material and she wore a pair of boots she stole from Rachel.

A dozen of Gizmo's men ran down the upper-level floors towards her. "Hello, boys," Hazel cooed, pushing herself off the railing. Before any of the men could react, Hazel threw her hand out, two vines breaking through the floor and knocking the men back. One stood up and Hazel grabbed his arm. She kicked him back and swung him against the railing.

Another two stood and Hazel flashed them with a flare. She knocked another three over the edge of the platform and caught them with vines, hanging them up in cocoons.

The last stood and Hazel ran at him. Her legs locked around his neck and swung him around, slamming him into the metal grate floor. "Too easy," Hazel said with a laugh.

Hazel jumped over the railing, landing on her floor with a slight huff. Hazel chuckled to herself as she walked by Gar's discarded clothes. Hazel scooped them up and walked down a flight of stairs, catching up to Conner, Krypto and Gar as a tiger.

Hazel set Gar's clothes behind a wall and Gar ran behind it, his bones cracking as he transformed back. "Any trouble?" Hazel questioned Conner, crossing her arms.

"Nope," Conner confirmed with a smile. Gar joined them and they caught up to Kory and Dick who stood a few meters away from Gizmo's van. Gizmo threw himself from the van, a ray gun in his hand. He turned towards Nightwing, his smug smile dropping as he noticed the other Titans standing with him.

"Krypto," Conner ordered. "Speak." Krypto barked, a large reverberating yell bounding towards Gizmo. Once it hit his ears, Gizmo crumbled to his knees, pressing his hands to his ear as he cried in pain.

"Good dog, Krypto," Hazel hummed. Hazel flicked her hand and vines wrapped around Gizmo's.

.

Conner, Gar and Hazel talked with the police as Kory handled the press and Dick disappeared into the shadows. "What were they after?" A police officer asked.

"Oh, its street name's 'the Clench'," Conner explained, his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. "It's a bioengineered strain of Ebola that struck Gotham a few years back, but it was contained."

"Gizmo here was looking to sell it to the highest bidder," Hazel finished, looking over her shoulder at the police car Gizmo was contained in.

"What was Dayton Labs doing with it in the first place?" The officer asked.