𝟎𝟎𝟕 Golden Sun

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Ⅶ 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒖𝒏

Day One, 6:47

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN NEARLY HALF A YEAR, IT WAS QUIET. Hazel played music from her phone and simply read as the sun rose. She sat on the balcony by the kitchen, slowly hearing the shift from the early rises of the runners and walkers, to the early workers of the city.

Once the sun had completely risen Hazel wandered into the kitchen. Hazel sat on the kitchen island, going through and annotating her book.

"How long have you been up?" Gar asked in a cheery voice, strolling into the kitchen.

"Uh," Hazel pulled out her phone, checking the time. "If it's nine, then... three hours."

"Jesus Haze," Gar chuckled, walking around the island and turning the coffee machine on. "Weren't you the one that always complained about getting up early?"

"Have you ever wanted to do something and then someone tells you to do it and then... you don't do it out of spite?" Hazel questioned, closing the book and turning her attention to Gar.

"Or you're a petty person," Gar suggested with a teasing smile as he opened the cupboards. "Want a coffee?"

"You're so mean to me Gar," Hazel kicked herself from the counter. "Yes, please. I'm gonna toss this in my room, I'll be right back." Hazel rushed to her room, slotting the book in her room and ran back to Gar.

"Coffee for Hazel," Gar called with a fake retail voice, sliding the cup her way. Hazel smiled and mumbled a thank you as she sipped on the coffee, moving to stand by his side. "So I was thinking, breakfast, training, check on Conner then we can play a game or watch a movie."

"I already ate, but sound's good, but no game," Hazel denied. "You're mean to me when we play... literally anything, especially Cuphead," Hazel shot. "It's a two-player game Gar."

Gar laughed, the steam from the coffee hitting his face. "Well, we can play something different," Gar suggested between sips of coffee.

Hazel hummed and raised her eyebrow, "If you're mean, I never play again."

Gar smiled, hiding his face behind his mug. "I promise, I won't be as mean as usual."

Hazel set her mug down, glaring up at him. "Gar..."

"Fine! I'll be nice!" Gar groaned, tossing his head back.

"Thank you, Garfield," Hazel hummed, knocking her forehead against his shoulder. Hazel downed the last of her coffee and set the cup aside. "Let me know when you wanna train, I need to tidy up a bit."