𝟎𝟎𝟔 Family

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Ⅵ 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚

HAZEL SAT ON THE OPPOSITE BENCH TO COLE AS CONNER WATCHED THEM. Conner furrowed his eyebrows, a confused look on his face as Hazel picked another grape and tossed it at Cole. He caught it in his mouth and Cole laughed softly. "Why not just eat them?" Conner questioned.

"For fun," Hazel laughed. Cole grabbed a cherry and tossed it at Hazel. She caught it in her mouth and picked the seed out with her tongue. She grabbed the seed and squashed it between her fingers, turning it to dust.

Conner straightened up and looked to the left. "Kory's back," He announced. "Gar too."

"Finally," Hazel sighed. She kicked herself off the counter.

"Which one's Kory again?" Cole asked, making Hazel pause.

"The alien queen, fire lady," Hazel explained in a rush and he nodded.

"Gar is... the tiger boy?" Cole said nervously. "The one you healed."

"Correct," Hazel said with a nod. Hazel led Cole out to the lounge room but paused on the stairs as she noticed a new person. "Who is this?" Hazel questioned, looking up at Kory.

"Kory's sister," Gar answered, making his way to the stairs.

"You're bruised," Hazel observed. Hazel made her way to him and tilted his head, healing the black bruise on the corner of his eye.

"The green one belongs to this one no?" Kory's sister spoke up and Hazel and Gar snapped their heads up.

"What?"

Kory opened her mouth to answer but paused. "They're a little complicated," Kory finally said.

"They're dating," Cole answered.

"No, we're not," Hazel spoke up, her eyes shooting around the room. Gar shook his head, agreeing with Hazel.

Blackfire tilted her head, "It seems like it."

"Upstairs. Pick a room," Kory ordered, defusing the tension. Blackfire walked past Cole and made her way upstairs. Kory sighed and sipped on the scotch she poured. "Wherever black fire goes, chaos always follows. Sleep with one eye open."

"That's ominous," Cole mumbled.

"Who are you?" Kory asked looking up at Cole.

"Oh um!" Hazel shot up and ran to stand by Cole. "I have an announcement, while most of you are here. This is Cole Martin..." Hazel motioned to the taller by. "My brother."

HAZEL WEAVED HER HANDS AROUND THE BULLET WOUND IN DICK'S SHOULDER. Kory and Gar stood by her, watching her hands work. "Dude, that looks horrible," Gar observed.