𝟎𝟏𝟑 Secrets Unvailed

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ⅰ 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒗𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒅

COLE STOOD AT A TABLE, HIS EYES GLUED TO THE COFFEE MACHINE. It made an odd clunking sound and he groaned softly. "Hey!" Tim called, stepping through the large doors.

"Hi," Cole said with a smile. "If you want a coffee, you might wanna try the vending machine."

"I actually wanted to talk to you," Tim said, setting the bo staff on the table. "You were right."

"I'm right about a lot," Cole said with a laugh making Tim chuckle softly. "Narrow it down yeah?"

"About what you said, earlier," Tim reminded and Cole nodded softly. "That I would know when I'm ready."

Cole smiled and leant on the table, "Told you so. The snake was done for."

Tim smiled but he shook his head. "That's not my moment." Tim's gaze carefully studied every feature of Cole's face, his eyes lingering momentarily before he cautiously took a step closer. Gently, his fingers grazed against Cole's hand, their skin briefly touching. Slowly, Tim's hand reached up towards Cole's face, brushing his cheek tenderly. As the distance between them diminished, he leaned down and their lips met, locked in a passionate and intimate kiss.

Cole smiled softly and Tim laughed. "That's- That's a pretty good moment," Cole said softly. Tim smiled and Cole kissed him again.

HAZEL KNELT NEXT NEXT TO THE LARGE CLEAR BOX OF ORANGE LIQUID, HER HANDS GRIPPING THE METAL FRAMING. Dick stood close as Tim and Cole looked over Conner's vitals. "Any updates on Conner?" Dick questioned, his arms crossed.

"Sleeping like a brick," Cole said with a nod. "Is that an expression?"

"Can be," Tim shrugged.

"But uh," Cole turned back to Conner and looked over the tablet. "Vitals steady and internal organs still... internal and intact."

"Is this gonna work?" Hazel asked, her eyes moving from the glass box and up to Cole.

He nodded softly, "I doubled checked everything with Bernard."

"Did- Did you triple-check?" Hazel stammered.

"Haze," Tim said, kneeling beside her. "It's gonna work." Hazel nodded softly and Cole pressed a sequence of buttons on the tablet. A small whirring of the motors made Hazel jump slightly as Virus Gar swirled through the orange liquid.

Something tapped the side of the glass and Cole leant closer. "Something's definitely happening," Cole stated with certainty, as Hazel's stomach twisted into knots upon gazing up at her older brother. "Uh, a hand? No, no! A foot!"