𝟎𝟏𝟐 The Morphing and Metaphysical

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Ⅻ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒑𝒉𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍

"YOU'RE A GENIUS RIGHT?" GAR ASKED FOLLOWING COLE AROUND AS HE MADE A PAIR OF COFFEE'S.

"You're gonna have to be more specific," Cole said.

"You know medical mumbo jumbo?"

Cole set the coffee's down and turned to Gar, "What are you thinking Gar?"

.

Gar stood between Dick and Cole, hands on his hips. "Okay, here's the big idea. I turn into to a virus. Any questions?" Gar looked up at Dick whose eyes were wide with his eyebrows turned downward.

"I have plenty. Let's start with the basics. I thought you could only turn into animals," Dick said.

"Well, technically, Niles Caulder said that I could unzip and rearrange my DNA into anything as long as it has DNA," Gar clarified.

"Viruses are nearly entirely DNA," Cole confirmed. "So it should work."

"Should?" Dick repeated.

"The Idea is Gar is a carrier for Jinx's blue ash," Cole explained.

"So, Gar, as a virus, gets inside Conner's body, replicates, infects the snake-"

"And boom! Conner lives," Gar said happily.

Hazel walked back through the doors with Jinx at her side. Hazel took Gar's hand and slapped the dish of ash in Gar's hand. "What?" Dick questioned, looking between them.

"Gar hasn't mentioned the massive red flag?" Hazel asked, and Gar looked away.

"If Conner dies, so does Gar," Cole said softly. "A virus can't live outside a dead body." Gar shrugged softly and Hazel shook her head, walking away. "And-"

"There's more?" Dick snapped.

"And... We haven't exactly figured out an exit strategy for me once I'm actually in Conner's body, so I could kinda get stuck," Gar revealed.

Dick took a breath, running his hand over his face. "Come with me," Dick ordered and the two stepped away.

Cole glanced at them before running to Jinx and Hazlel. "Tell him not to do this," Cole demanded.

"I tried, he won't listen to me," Hazel huffed. Hazel dropped her head into her hands, her fingers tangling into her hair.

Jinx placed her hand on Hazel's shoulder. "You can't change his mind," Jinx said softly. "And as much as you hate this, he needs you right now."

Hazel shook her head and walked off, "I need a drink."

.

"Here we go," Dick called. Tim passed the small tray of Gar virus goo to Cole. The green go was covered in a light layer of blue ash and Cole took a deep breath before filling the large syringe with the virus. Cole inserted the virus through Conner's nose before rushing back to the computer. They all crowded around Tim who sat at the chair.