𝟎𝟎𝟒 Hank Hall

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍

THE LOUD REV OF AN ENGINE SHOOK HAZEL FROM HER THOUGHTS. A green dirt bike pulled into the front of Wayne Manor and Hazel pushed herself from the stairs. Cole pulled the helmet off and cautiously walked to Hazel. "Hazel, hi," Cole greeted.

"Nice to meet formally, but I have a favor to ask," Hazel murmured once Cole was close enough. "I know it's a shitty thing to ask something when I haven't really met you, but I can tell you about superhero stuff, I can show you cool gadgets... I just, need your help."

Cole nodded and swapped his helmet to his other hand. "Whad'ya need?"

.

Hazel led Cole upstairs to where Hank rested in one of the master's beds, cautiously watching Cole. "So what are you? A shrink?" Hank laughed.

Cole set the helmet down and tossed his gloves away. "A telepathic," Cole corrected. Hank's eyebrows shot up but stayed quiet as Cole's hand reached out. "I can slow your heart, not enough to make you pass out, but It'll buy you guys more time than..." Cole trailed off and looked at the vital systems. "That."

Cole's eyes went red and Hank's irises copied the color. Hank's heart rate dropped from 73 beats to 47. Hank's head rolled back against the headboard and the tension left his shoulders.

"I'll have to come back in... maybe an hour," Cole explained to Hazel. Hazel nodded and Cole sat up from the bed.

"Hazel?" Dick called and the two teens spun around. "Who's this?"

"Someone I've brought to help," Hazel explained. "I can't help Conner and Gar with the science stuff, or Dawn and Kory with the medical stuff."

Dick nodded, his eyes still watching Cole cautiously. "I'm Cole," He finally spoke up and Dick nodded before continuing down the hall.

HAZEL AND COLE STOOD ACROSS FROM EACHOTHER.  Hazel leant against the counter and the kitchen, Cole sipping on a soda. Hazel kept opening her mouth to say something but she came up empty each time. "I think I know you," Cole finally spoke up. "But I haven't met you."

Hazel sighed and looked down at her hands. "When you touched my hand, at the coffee shop... I heard your name," Hazel recalled.

"I genuinely don't know how I did it," Cole said, setting the drink down. "I think our powers just clashed."

Hazel pushed herself from the counter she rested on and Cole did the same. "I think I know you too," Hazel nodded. "If you took my hand now, would you be able to figure out how?"