𝟎𝟎𝟒 Pain

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Ⅳ 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏

THIS WASNT LIKE THE TIMES BEFORE. When Hazel was in a collar there was pain that grew as the longer it trapped her power. This was numbing, like the state before euphoria, a long restless wait before the high hit.

Hazel's back pressed against the glass wall, her head hung lulled back and her eyes closed. A dark black straight jacket held her hands in place at her sides and the collar constantly buzzed against her skin. Men with guns stood around her at all times but she couldn't count how many, the constant sound like an electric buzz taking over her senses.

Only one thing seemed to cut through the awful sound.

"Hazel, can you hear me?"

"COLE! COLE!" TIM CALLED IN A HUSHED VOICE. Tim slapped Cole's arm and the older boy stirred awake, his breakfast spoon still clutched in his hand. "Cole come look at this."

Cole dragged his feet along the ground as both boys moved towards the TV and listened to the news broadcast. "The sudden death of Alexander Luthor continues to shock the world as Superboy and Venom are detained in connection with Luthor's death," The report relayed and Cole's head snapped up. "An official statement from LexCorp does indeed confirm that Superboy is and I quote, "a genetic aberration", a weaponized combination of Superman and the late Lex Luthor's genetic material. Developed as a weapon, and with great regret, it seems he has become just that. Venom, however, a young teenage girl possesses the power level readings of a god. It is unknown if that statement is true-"

Cole turned the TV off and turned to Tim. "Shit," Tim cursed.

"Terran! Kory!" Cole yelled, turning and running to them.

.

A pair of armed guards led Cole and Terran through a long hall. Once the doors opened up, Cole and Terran rushed ahead only stopping and the black marker on the floor.

"Be wise with your time, you're on a quick clock," One guard advised, moving to stand by the door on the left, his rifle held tightly in his hands.

Cole nodded but he could feel his stomach twisting in discomfort. "Haze," Cole called softly.

Hazel's head lifted from the wall, looking out the glass casing of the box she sat in. "Hey," Hazel muttered, her voice echoing slightly.

"Are you okay?" Terran asked, trying to step closer.

"Please stay back ma'am," A man ordered softly.

"Are you hurt?" Terran asked in a softer voice, her hands coming to hold her arms. Terran shuffled back slightly and Cole rested his hand on her arm.