𝟎𝟏𝟐 Carnival

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Ⅻ 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍

HAZEL WALKED AROUND THE BRIGHT CARNIVAL. The neon light from the rides and vending signs reflected on the floor. Hazel dodged past a man on stilts, laughing softly as she ate cotton candy. A high pitch ringing cut through the laughter of those around her and her eyes zoned out.

"Hey Miss, are you okay?" A woman asked, stopping in front of Hazel. A thundering buzzing melded with the high pitch sound and Hazel's eyes met the woman's.

"Stage two," Mercy ordered, her voice echoing in Hazel's skull.

"Miss?" The woman repeated.

Hazel grabbed the woman by her throat. Sharp dark brown through slid through her skin. Hazel tore her hand back, the woman's throat being torn out, flesh sticking to the throne on Hazel's hand. The woman fell to her knees and a man screamed in shock.

Hazel looked at him and through her hand out, the light leaving a sign and melting through his skin in large blisters and burns. More screams echoed through the carnival and Hazel turned to them with a hand extended.

DONNA'S JAW DROPPED SLIGHTLY AND SHE SENT DAWN A WEARY LOOK. "Jericho is alive? Don't tell me Dick actually said that," Donna said, leaning a hand against the table. Dawn leaned against the kitchen counter top and Terran sat next to her.

"Well, more like scrawled it on the wall of his cell," Rachel clarified, sitting on top of the island, Kory standing next to her. "Like caveman-style."

"I don't even know what that's supposed to mean," Dawn spoke up.

"It's a style Neanderthals used to depict images in cave walls," Kory explained and Terran's eyebrows shot up. "Usually battle scenes or hunting."

Donna walked to the counter and looked at Kory with a confused face. "No shit," Terran sighed, leaning her head on the cabinets.

"I meant that Jericho's alive," Dawn clarified.

"Oh. Sorry," Kory muttered.

"Well, one thing's for sure," Donna huffed. "He has clearly lost his mind."