𝟎𝟎𝟒 Wasted Blood

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Ⅳ 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅

COLE KNELT ON THE BED, HIS HANDS PRESSING TO EITHER SIDE OF TIM'S HEAD. Cole knelt down, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "Tim," Cole cooed and Tim's eyes opened slightly. "As pretty as you are while asleep, we've got things to do."

Cole stood up and Tim pulled himself up onto his elbows, the light breaking through the curtains and shining over Tim's chest and torso. "With the help of Bernard's satellites I got a read on Kory's energy," Cole relayed, sipping on a coffee.

"How did you do that?" Tim asked.

"So I thought Kory's energy was too far for me to locate, but it was more that it was spread apart so I couldn't pinpoint it," Cole explained, moving his arms around. "So I focused on her geomagnetic pulse and got a hit a few miles up the road.

"What's up there?"

"Caul's Folly, a little mining town but it burned down like ten years ago," Cole explained. "So..." Cole grabbed Tim's discarded clothes and tossed them at him. "Put your clothes on and we'll go figure it out."

Tim shuffled pulling on his clothes, fumbling with his belt for a moment. "Good morning by the way," Tim muttered.

"Morning, I got you a coffee, by the way," Cole said with a smile

Cole drove to the coordinates on his map, stopping the car at the top of the hill. They both stepped out, looking over the abandoned radio tower covered in tags and faded graffiti. "Fire mustn't have reached the radio station," Cole muttered, looking around. Tim walked to the door, running his hand along one of the graffiti lines. "I can still feel Kory's energy."

Tim nodded ahead and knocked on the metal door. Tim looked back and Cole nodded. Tim unlocked the lock with a click and pushed the door open with a creek.

They walked side by side through the old stone hallway, the small orange lights giving little light. Cole walked ahead, tapping his fingers on the old-styled radio controls. "It looks like the old Rural Radio Network, stuff," Cole muttered. "It's got 670-L crystal relay receivers. They could have reached people 100 miles away with this equipment."

"Wait, wait, wait," Tim said softly and Cole paused. "Do you hear that?" As they fell into silence the muffled echo of Never Been To Spain floated through the air. The boys turned and made their way out the door and slowly walked around the radio station.

They paused for a moment as they noticed a boy in a dark blue and purple flannel sitting on an old lawn chair, a radio on his left on top of stacked books and an old brown water cooler on his right. Tied into the bushes were fading pictures of different people. As the pair walked closer to the boy he turned his head, looking over his shoulder. "Hey, man," Tim called with a soft smile. He reached over and turned down the music playing from the silver radio and smiled up at the two. "What's going on?"