Chapter 26: I will always choose him

"Magnus ...I am going to the Clave meeting .....I may be late today...don't wait for me...and don't overstress yourself on the potion business...as I will not be there for admonishing you...okay..."said Alec organising his tie before the mirror.

"Oh ..come on Shadowhunter...go to your job...I will be right here when you come back..." said Magnus coming closer to Alec and now helping Alec with the tie.

"And you will have your lunch on time ...because you have a bad habit of skipping your lunch..." said Magnus pressing Alec's shirt with his hands and giving a last look with Alec's suit. His husband was looking handsome as usual.

"Yah....yah ...I will have it....in fact we have a ceremonial lunch after the meeting...."said Alec who was now helped with his coat by Magnus.

"Okay ...I am late...I am going now..." said Alec.

"...Alexander ..use the portal....try to enjoy the perks of having a warlock husband and that too the High Warlock...not everyone gets this privilege..." said Magnus raising one of his brow up.

Alec kissed his warlock and said " You always help me..."

" Yes that's my work ...and I love doing that...doing little things for my dear adorable husband ...make my day..." said Magnus.

Magnus made the portal for Alec and soon Alec got vanished into the swirls of the magic.

Magnus smiled and went to his workshop.

He was really busy today as he was to make many potions today for various clients.

He entered the workshop and started with the spell book .

Soon many hours passed and Magnus suddenly realised that he should take a break otherwise he would receive a scolding from Alexander...which though he liked a lot yet he didn't want that to happen.

As he stood up from his working chair ...he heard a sound coming from the living room. He thought that Alec might have come back but it was not time and he did not call to inform any cancellation either .

Magnus sprinted towards the living room ...and.......

Magnus looked in front of him . Horror was evident on his eyes...

It was ....it was....Asmodeus....standing with his cat-eyes glowing before him.

" My boy....how are you?" hissed Asmodeus.

"Hope you are doing well....and where is my dear and precious son-in-law....call him I want to meet him too.." said Asmodeus in his acidic tone.

"Father....what....what are you doing here...?" asked Magnus in his trembling voice.

"What do you want...? " asked Magnus with premonition in his mind.

" You know my dear boy ...what I want ....I want the whole of the Lower Dimension under my rule and for that I want your power...we would be unstoppable and invincible ...Magnus...." suggested Asmodeus.

Magnus looked towards his father and said " No ...father....I am a family man ...I don't want to rule...I don't want to be dominating and powerful..."

"Think of it Magnus....we will have the whole of the  Downworld ..there would be no one above us...even we could take the shadowhunters gradually under us...you can keep that pet of your husband as your servant ...you will not lose anything....your pet shadowhunter would always be with you...." said the most powerful prince of Hell.

"Father...I want the love of my husband ,his compassion ,his support ....not his service ....if I wanted that I could have any one to work for me...families are not servants ....Father....families are to be loving and loved and taken care of .....Alexander is my family father....and my everything." said Magnus.

"Love,compassion, support....all these are of no meaning ...they don't stay in the long run...that shadowhunter boy is utilising you...stop giving your magic for one day ...then see ....he stays or escapes...." smirked Asmodeus.

"No father you are wrong ....Alexander will never leave...our love is divine ...he is my soulmate father...he is the other half of me..." said Magnus confidently.

" Magnus....I am giving you two clear options....one,come with me and I will make you the most powerful king of Hell that ever existed....or two,stay with that mundane shadowhunter and waste your power ,your potential ...everything." raised Asmodeus his voice.

"Father...whatever be the option from you .....I will always choose him no matter what ....." said Magnus not trembling anymore...looking straight into the eyes of the most powerful prince of Hell.

Love brought the strength into Magnus. His pure love for his shadowhunter could make him stand straight before the most powerful prince of Hell.

Asmodeus was angry. Now he was trembling ..not because of fear ...but because of anger. He said " You filthy, degenerate warlock .. .Asmodeus was offering you such a great opportunity and you have the audacity of rejecting my offer...."

Asmodeus lifted his hands and was gathering his powerful strength ...the magic accumulated between his two hands....and he projected the magic without any warning at the warlock.

"MMAAAGGGNUSSSSS"

A loud scream could be heard . Magnus closed his eyes speculating the impact of  Asmodeus' magic. There was pause of few minutes...nothing could be heard and nothing could be felt . Magnus slowly opened his eyes and he saw ...his Alexander was lying on the floor....there were no movement in his body.
.. he looked at Alec with wide eyes.

All the blood and strength in his body receded back into oblivion.

Alec came between Magnus and the powerful Prince of Hell and took the whole magic on his body to save his lovely husband .

Magnus looked at Alec and then involuntarily all the power in his body got gathered on his hand and got thrown on to Asmodeus.

Asmodeus was banished onto the lower reaches of downworld.

Magnus crouched on the floor and took Alec in his arms .

"Alexander...open your eyes...please..." said Magnus .. his voice cracking.

Magnus checked Alec's vitals ...his heart beat was normal but pulse a little fast.

He was unconscious.Magnus sighed a relief.

He applied his magic to bring Alec back to consciousness. Alec's body could not bear the powerful magic of the Prince and thus Alec passed out.

Alec opened his eyes slowly....he could see a blurred image sitting before him ...he was on the floor and Magnus was crouching beside him .

"Magnus....what happened ...where is Asmodeus? " asked Alec in hoarse voice.

"He had been banished . No body stays in this world after hurting my Alexander." said Magnus looking at his shadowhunter.

Magnus pulled Alec into a hug ..probably his way of thanking the Universe for not making the worst of his nightmare of losing his shadowhunter true.

//Please vote and comment ....if you liked the story.....//