Chapter 66: The Kidnapping 3

Alec :"Hey...Magnus...how was your meeting with the client and how is our little Maxie doing...?

You won't believe who visited me in the office today...."

Magnus:" Alexander....please come to the loft immediately....I have something to tell you....its very urgent...."

Alec could feel the deep anxiety in Magnus' voice.

Alec: "Okay...Just give me ten minutes...I will be there."

Alec disconnected the phone.

Alec called Jace to the office .

Jace entered Alec's office and said

"What is it ...Alec?"

Alec:" Jace ...I called Magnus...I need to go the loft now...there is something urgent Magnus wants to tell me. So please take care of the office in my absence."

Jace:" Yes...of course....Is everything alright Alec ?"

Alec: " I don't know exactly. I am going to the loft. "

Jace :" Okay....if you needed me ...you just have to call me okay..."

Alec :" Yup...."

Alec hugged Jace . He drew the portal and entered into it for the loft.

Within six minutes Alec reached his loft .

He took out the keys and opened the door.

There was eerie silence in the loft.

Alec:"Magnus....Magnus...where are you ?"

Alec moved slowly to the living room.

He came closer and saw Magnus was sitting on the couch with his head on his hands.

Alec moved to Magnus quickly and sat beside Magnus on the couch.

He kept a hand on Magnus' shoulder

Alec: "Hey ...Magnus ...what is it? Is everything alright ?"

Magnus slowly pulled his head up from his hands. He did not look at Alec . He looked at his hands on his lap.

Magnus : " Alexander ..I....I...could not save him...she took him..."

Alec looked confused at Magnus.

Alec:" Whom could you not save ? Who took whom ?"

Tears started rolling down Magnus' cheeks.

Magnus:" I could not save our little Max ....the lady came in the disguise of a client and took Maxie with her. I was attacked on the head and passed out on the floor. I should not have allowed her in the house...."

Alec's eyes went wide.

Alec: " Do you mean ....that ...that...our little Max is kidnapped....??" said Alec trembling .

It was difficult for him to accept the fact.

Without saying anything...Magnus just nodded his head in affirmation.

Alec saw Magnus nod and put his head on his hands.

"I don't know who the lady was...but she had powerful magic. I only have a piece of fabric from her clothes with me." said Magnus.

"I know ...who the lady was...." said Alec with his head still on his hand.

"You know....???" asked Magnus.

Alec pulled his head up and absorbing the initial shock ...he said

"Sinus came to my office today. He said that Lilith ,Asmodeus' wife is planning to raise the Great Demon. If she could tame the power of the Great Demon ....she could fulfil her ambition of ruling Edom and the downworld.
The lady who took our Max has to be that Lilith ....." said Alec in a grave anxious tone.

Magnus wiped his lips with his palm.

"I am sorry ....Alexander....I just let this happen...." said Magnus with the guilt.

"There was no way that you would know....thousands of unknown clients had come to our loft even before today...you did not have any reason to doubt a lady ....so don't blame yourself ...Magnus." said Alec.

"I am scared ...Max is so small....God knows what Lilith is doing with our baby...." said Magnus worried.

Alec pressed Magnus' arms and said....

"You are talking about the Great Demon himself...who had killed Asmodeus ,the most powerful Prince of Hell ...when he was not even born. So don't worry ...Magnus...he will be a pain in Lilith's ass until we find him" said Alec with determination.

Magnus looked at his shadowhunter.

"Here I was anticipating the various ways of consoling you from the shock of Max being kidnapped...." said Magnus.

Alec smirked a little.

"I am a Lightwood ...Magnus...I would break Lilith's nose and accept the consequences...." said Alec.

"Just tell where the Bitch of this Lilith is...." said Alec.

"Yah...for that I need strong Parabatai tracking too...because she is rejecting my magic" said Magnus.

Alec nodded.

He pulled the phone out of his pocket and dialed Jace's number.

Jace:" Hey ...Alec ...is everything alright...?"

Alec :" Um...Jace...come to my loft asap...."

Jace:" Okay ...in five minutes...."

Alec disconnected his phone.

"He is coming ....." said Alec.

Within minutes Jace entered the loft.

Jace :"What is it ...Alec....?"

Alec stood up and went to Jace.

"Jace...um....don't freak out ...okay...." started Alec.

Jace looked at Magnus and then at Alec just to guess what was going to come.

"Max..Max is being kidnapped by Lilith,the wife of Asmodeus." blurted out Alec.

There was two seconds of silence.

"WHATTTTT.......MAX IS BEING KIDNAPPED.....AND YOU ARE STILL IN THE LOFT......" shouted Jace.

Alec was expecting this.

"CALM DOWN JACE....." said Alec.

"We need you to track Lilith's movements and find out where Max is...." said Alec.

Jace's face was red and he was breathing heavily.

"Jace ....please calm down...I know you love Max but losing your temper is not helping...." said Alec.

Jace closed his eyes to compose himself.

"Just tell me what all I have to do ? I can give my life for Max." said Jace.

//to be continued.....//