Chapter 97: Magnus' Memory 4

MAGNUS' MEMORY 4

"Sir , what kind of baby food will Master Max have...." asked Molly ,the housecook of Inquisitor's house.

Alec accepted his accomodation as the Inquisitor of the Clave which he happily denied when he became Inquisitor just to live with his husband.He never thought that one day he would need to stay there.

The accomodation was royal and big . It was so big that Magnus' two lofts could be accomodated in it. With all the modern amenities it was a plush residence.

"I will make Max's food myself Molly....don't worry...." said Alec looking at Molly with red puffy eyes.

Molly was a middle-aged woman , a mother of two. She could understand instantly that Alec was crying . Right now Alec was sitting in the royal living room which was bigger than the one at Lorenzo's mansion .

"Very well , Sir, but what should I make for you in dinner....??" asked Molly .

" Nothing Molly , nothing for me..." said Alec .

" But Sir has not eaten or drunk anything since the morning ....." said Molly .

" Its okay , Molly ...I am not hungry . ...." said Alec.

" Very well, Sir" said Molly trying not to coax the Inquisitor.

" You may go, Molly ...." said Alec.

Molly nodded.

Max was playing on the carpeted floor of the living room. Alec bought few toys for his baby as all of Max's stuffs were at Magnus' place.

Max was conspicuously silent through out the day. He had seen his Papa yelling at his Dada and his Dada crying after coming to a big place which was not his homie -homie.

Alec came down from the couch and sat on the carpeted floor with Max. Max was playing with building blocks, he was placing the rectangles on the squares , then the triangles above them.

Soon he felt two arms wrapping him from his two little sides. He looked at his Dada. His Dada was crying again embracing him.

"Dadda..." said Max.

"I am sorry ....Sweetie....I don't know what happened to your Papa , all of a sudden...he just called you that nasty thing...Oh God....how could he call you that..??" asked Alec.

"Sir, May I come in...?" asked Molly from outside the lobby.

Alec quickly wiped his tears and said " Yes Molly , come in...".

"Sir, a person named Magnus Bane is seeking permission to visit you..." said Molly.

Alec's eyes widened.

He pulled Max on his lap and said " I don't want to meet anyone, tell him I am not feeling well...."

"He told exactly the same thing that you would say that you are not feeling well and so would not want to meet him ....but he said that he wanted to visit Alexander Lightwood,the Inquisitor of the Clave for seeking advice for a personal matter. " said Molly.

Alec looked at Molly . As an Inquisitor , it was his duty to provide help to his fellow warlocks . He said " Okay ....call him inside..."

Alec took Max and placed him on his hip. He moved towards the window , so that he did not have to face Magnus.

"May I come in, Mr. Inquisitor" asked a familiar voice. The voice was hoarse , weak and grief stricken."

" Come in ..." said Alec with his back at Magnus.