Chapter 33 | Legacy

33 | Legacy

"I know what it's like to be afraid of your own mind".

- Spencer Reid, Criminal Minds

In the following morning, Lilith was in a better mood

In the following morning, Lilith was in a better mood. Jerome was sent to Arkham and she wouldn't have to see him again. Lilith had returned to her apartment with Harvey and he stayed over for the night. She drove him to the Courthouse before going to Wayne Enterprises.

That day, Bruce would be coming to the company for his meeting with the Board of Directors.

"Good morning, Sophie," Lilith greeted the receptionist in the lobby. "Has Mr. Wayne arrived yet?"

"Good morning, Miss Khin. No, not yet," the curly-haired woman told her. "But there's a couple over there who wants to talk to you".

Lilith followed her gaze and her eyes landed on two people she wasn't expecting to see there and certainly not holding on to each other instead of bickering like an old couple. Lilith almost didn't recognize them since they weren't wearing their colorful costumes this time.

John Grayson and Mary Lloyd.

"Hello, you two," Lilith greeted cheerfully when she approached them.

They had been so distracted staring up at the picture of Thomas and Martha Wayne that they jumped when they heard her voice.

"Hey," they greeted her happily in return.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here. Not together at least," Lilith said with amusement shining in her eyes. "We can go up to my office".

"Oh, no. We won't be long," Mary replied, her smile never wavering. "We just came to say goodbye. Haly's is moving to Blüdhaven next and we thought we should thank you before we left. We knew you worked here because there was an article about Wayne Enterprises in the newspapers and they mentioned your name".

"I'm sorry to see you go," Lilith said honestly. "I wish I could see the show one more time before you moved".

John took something from the inside pocket of his suit and offered it to Lilith. "Two tickets. Blüdhaven is not too far. Maybe you can watch us again before we move down south".

Lilith accepted the tickets. "I'll definitely go see it. Thank you so much".

There was a moment of silence as Lilith eyed the tickets with an adoring smile. Haly's was very special to her. She could almost hear her parents' laughter as they watched the Lloyd clowns and their amazement as they watched the Graysons. Everything was still so vivid.

"Were these your bosses?" John asked. He had returned to look at the portrait on the wall. However, the answer was obvious to him since they were in Wayne Enterprises, and on the golden plaque underneath the picture were their names: