Chapter 10 | Irregularities

10 | Irregularities

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane".

- Philip K. Dick

Lilith walked through the hallways of Wayne Enterprises with confidence and determination in each step

Lilith walked through the hallways of Wayne Enterprises with confidence and determination in each step. A meeting had been announced to all members of the board. She had been the one to call for it, to the surprise and apprehension of all of those involved.

The members of the board were chatting among themselves. More like whispering. The moment they saw her through the windowed wall, they instantly became silent and stood up.

"Miss Khin, good afternoon," said the man closer to the door. A Chinese man named Sicong Huang.

"Good afternoon," she forced a smile and shook his hand. "You can all sit".

Huang grabbed the chair to his left for her to sit on, but she ignored his gesture and sat at the head of the table on the opposite side of him.

"We were curious as to why you evoked this meeting, Miss Khin,"  said the woman sitting to her left. Mathis. Not a member of the board. "And I, personally, am wondering why you asked for my presence?"

"I evoked this meeting because I noticed there are some irregularities," Lilith responded, taking a few papers from her briefcase. When she looked back at the others. She could see Huang clenching his jaw. "And I called for you because I wanted to discuss another matter that I thought you might help me with".

"Excuse me, irregularities?"

Lilith looked over at the blond man with bright blue eyes sitting to her right. Crowley. He had a raised eyebrow and an arrogant smile that seemed to always be plastered on his face.

"Yes. I would like to know how Falcone and Maroni got their shares in the Arkham plans," she explained. "Wayne Enterprises would never enter into that kind of deed, would it? That would be reckless. Not to mention dishonest and illegal. They are gangsters after all. Criminals".

"Miss Khin," said Sid Bunderslaw, a dark-skinned man and the Director of physical operations. "We can assure you that Wayne Enterprises is being run honestly. You must know that. You work here with us after all".

A threat. How nice. What Sid really meant was that if anyone found any irregularities, they would make it seem as if she was involved as well.

If we go down, you'll go down with us.

Lilith sent him an evident fake smile. "There's something else I wanted to discuss with you. WellZyn".

The silence that followed was almost deafening.

"Wellzyn?" Houng asked. "That's just a subsidiary".

Lilith nodded. "And this subsidiary, what is it exactly?"