Chapter 35 | War stories

35 | War stories

"Leave the past where it belongs".

Gotham Gazette had already published its morning edition, and by noon, everyone was talking about the gang of bank robbers

'ROBIN RED HOOD GANG'.

Jim Gordon had set up a cassette recorder and a tv screen on the third floor of the precinct to go over the video from the smoke bomb, which triggered the bank's alarm in the previous week. He and the Red Demon watched the screen for a while in silence. For five minutes, it was calm. People just walked in and out of the bank. Then, a man in his early twenties lighted up a flare and disposed of it in the trash can next to him.

Jim pushed the tape back and zoomed in on the man. "There you are, Mr. Red Hood".

"You found your admirer yet?" Bullock asked the vigilante as he approached them with a pile of files in hand.

"Yupe," Lilith nodded, looking away from the screen and facing the older Detective. "What do you got there?"

"Armed robberies perps dating back ten years," Bullock told after putting down the pile of files on Jim's desk. "I took out the dead the ones and the ones in prison. A who's who of scumbags".

Jim was nodding absent-mindedly as his partner spoke. "They were casing the place weeks before they took it down, set off the alarm, and timed her response as well as ours".

Harvey leaned closer to the screen with his reading glasses. "He looks pretty young. He might not be in here," he said while patting the files.

"Wait, what's this?" Lilith asked as she pointed to a label that was seen on the boy's shirt.

If she was watching that video on her computer, Lilith would easily zoom in on the label, but on that television screen it was impossible to get a closer look, so Jim went with the next best thing. He took off Harvey's reading glasses and placed them over the label.

Jim smiled victoriously. "You see that?"

 "You see that?"